Lassi is a northern Indian beverage made with plain yogurt and an assortment of flavorings. It is usually served cold as an accompaniment to a spicy meal or it can be consumed on it’s own as a refreshing drink! Mango lassi, in particular, is most popular in the United States and other parts of the world.
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup water or 1 cup ice
- 1 cup fresh chopped mango (peeled and stone removed)
- 1 tablespoon honey, to taste
- A dash of ground cardamom (optional)
Put mango, yogurt, milk, honey and water/ice into a blender and blend for 2 minutes, then pour into individual glasses, and serve. Can sprinkle with a little cardamom.
The lassi can be kept refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
YIELD: Makes about 2 cups
NUTRITION FACTS: 138 calories, 1.2 gm fat, 30 gm carbohydrates, 2 gm fiber, 10 gm protein
May 21st, 2013.