So I made this pasta last night with the kale pesto I had written about earlier and guess what? Nobody could guess that I made it using kale as a major ingredient and it was a huge hit. It tasted exactly like the pesto pasta I usually make with basil or cilantro, so this recipe is a winner and here to stay in my kitchen! The best part, it is simple and quick!!
1 bag whole wheat penne
1 Red bell pepper sliced thin
1/2 cup button mushrooms sliced in halves
1/2 cup fresh cut broccoli
2 Tbsp Olive oil
Kale pesto (recipe in earlier blog)
1. Bring whole wheat pasta to boil in a large pan
2. Cook pasta Al dente and drain in a colander
3. Add 2 Tbsp of olive oil to the same pan, toss in chopped vegetables for 2-3 minutes
4. When vegetables are still crunchy, add fresh ground pesto paste. You may add some water if it is too thick. Allow the sauce to blend in
5. Add cooked penne pasta to the above mixture and stir well. Remove from stovetop and serve with grated parmesan!
Preparation time: 20-30 minutes